About Me

My photo
Master of Science, Healthcare Administration. Certified Healthcare Business Consultant. Certified Business Appraiser. Certified Valuation Analyst.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Book Review: Guide to Healthcare Valuation (2010 Edition)

I am currently reading the Guide to Healthcare Valuation (2010 Edition), published by Business Valuation Resources (BVR) and the American Health Lawyer’s Association (AHLA). This is a great resource written by Dietrich and a number of other experienced authors. They cover a wide array of healthcare valuation topics and industry subsectors; it’s hard to find this collective wisdom all in one place. The book is thick…921 pages inclusive of appendices. A valuation book of this size typically means you’re in for a monster technical read, but this book is refreshingly different. There are plenty of practical insights and applications offered by multiple authors over diverse chapters. I was impressed by the 2009 edition of this book, which I would also recommend, and the 2010 edition clearly builds on the first issue in a major way. As I get through more of the book I’ll update this blog with reviews about specific topics and chapters. I’m especially looking forward to the chapters devoted to ambulatory surgery, dialysis, home health, and imaging. Stay tuned.

No comments: